Congrats to Barbara Cole of Cape Town for winning the pair of SCARPA Spin Ultra trail shoes! These durable work horses are designed for runners tackling longer distances, who want a cushioned but not stiff shoe. The Spin Ultra has a 6mm drop, which helps provide a stable ride. Its upper is built with micro-nubuck and mesh for superior protection on all types of terrain. Win a pair and get out there!
Estimated reading time: 6 minutes
SCARPA Spin Ultra R3,199
- Micro-nubuck and mesh upper for breathable durability
- Sock-Fit LW construction reduces bulk and enhances fit
- TPU toe cap offers outstanding trail protection
- Drop 6mm (stack height 24mm / 18.5mm)
- Midsole with TPU insert for cushion and protection
- Vibram Megagrip outsole features outstanding traction
- Low profile stretch pocket for stowing laces after tying
- Stretch fabric incorporated with a minimal stretch tongue provides gentle wrapping and support, reducing bulk and enhancing fit
Let the widget load below to enter. Scroll to the bottom for competition rules.
New options, including Twitter points, will be added over the competition’s course. Check back here and on TRAIL’s social media to get notified. Competition ends 30 June 2022. Scroll to end for competition rules. Good luck!
Maddie Hart ends her comprehensive BlisterReview.com test by concluding: “The Scarpa Spin Ultra is a good example of how different companies are taking different approaches to longer-distance trail shoes. While some brands’ ultra shoes are super-stiff and designed with maximum efficiency and / or stability in mind, the Spin Ultra goes in the other direction; it offers a well-cushioned, comfortable ride that can be a big plus on long days, but that does come at the cost of agility and confidence in more technical terrain. There are better options if your typical runs range from super rocky to smooth, but the Spin Ultra excels on more mellow trails, longer days, and moderate paces.“
Innovation and tradition share equally deep roots at SCARPA. To this day it remains a family owned company with its headquarters and performance footwear manufacturing facilities in the same region of northern Italy where it began in 1938.
Founded in the Asolo / Montebelluna foothills of the Dolomite Mountains – an area long known for its quality handcrafted footwear – SCARPA’s initial mission was to bring together all the best shoemakers in the Asolo area with the goal of producing the best footwear anywhere.
SCARPA stands for Società Calzaturiera Asolana Riunita Pedemontana Anonima, which means Associated Shoe Manufacturing Company of the Asolo Mountain Area.
The company is famous for its high quality climbing shoes and hiking boots, but now SA trail runners can also benefit from SCARPA’s experience in mountain sport with the availability of their trail shoes in the country.
Connect with Scarpa
Be sure to visit our competitions section again for another SCARPA giveaway in the near future.
Terms and conditions
- The draw is done randomly by the competition app, so all entrants have a chance, even with a single action.
- Competition ends midnight Thursday 30 June 2022.
- Winner announced here 10am on Monday 4 July 2022.
- The judges’ decision is final.
- Prize is not redeemable for cash.
- Winner must be a South African resident, and receive their prize at a South African street address.
- Proof of identification may be requested.
- One overall signup per person. Anyone who creates multiple personas using different email addresses will be disqualified.
- Staff and family of TRAIL magazine and Traverse Gear are not eligible to enter.
- Winners announced on this page and social media.
Thank you to Deidre and the rest of the team at Traverse Gear for the collaboration.