Win the new Salomon Sense Ride
Designed with the everyday trail runner in mind, Salomon Sense Ride trail running shoes have the right blend of cushion, traction and protection to suit everyone from a first-time trail runner to an ultra-distance runner. The all-new Sense Ride is valued at R2,499.
Enter the competition before 12pm on 31 August 2017 to win a pair via the app below.
Read the competition rules at the bottom of the page to maximise your chances of winning. Good luck!
Read on for more about this much-anticipated new model.
Its design and materials used provide a familiar experience to runners coming to trail from the road. If you want to run in just one shoe, mainly on trails, and a little road, consider the Sense Ride.
• Mass – 250g (UK5.5), 275g (UK8.5), 335g (when we weighed our sample UK11.5/US12 men’s shoe)
• Upper – 3D Stretch Air Mesh, Friction-Free Lace Eyelet, Quicklace, Sensifit, Endofit, Lace Pocket
• Outsole – Premium Wet Traction Contagrip
• Chassis – Profeel Film
• Midsole – Compressed EVA, Energycell, OPAL, Vibe
• Sockliner – Ortholite
• Stack Height – 27mm/19mm (8mm drop)
Salomon’s Vibe Technology cushioning system provides incredible step-in comfort. Vibe Technology is a midsole combination of Energy Cell Plus, EVA and Opal, which are vibration-controlling pods. They work together to dampen vibrations and reduce muscle fatigue, which can help prevent injury. Whether you’re looking to glide smoothly over gentler terrain or take on technical terrain with confidence, the lightweight Sense Ride delivers. It also comes with
Salomon’s Quicklace system, which is incredibly durable and doesn’t stretch, and keeps your foot secure.
Throughout the midfoot, the Sense Ride’s Sensifit construction helps keep your foot secure to deliver great control on steep descents. The premium Wet Traction Contagrip outsole offers a sticky and durable grab, even on slippery terrain. The use of profeel film keeps your foot safe from dangerous trail debris that would otherwise penetrate through the outsole. It also gives torsional support.
- Cape Union Mart
- Sportsman’s Warehouse
- Concept stores and selected independent retailers
- Recommended retail R2,499
Blue Bird / Deep Lagoon / Navy Blazer
Evening Blue / Crown Blue / Grape Juice
Sangria / Living Coral / Virtual Pink
Fiery Red / Scarlet ibis / Red Dahlia
Lime Punch / Lime Green / Black
Navy Blazer / Bright Marigold / Ombre Blue
Buy the Sense Ride online at salomonsports.co.za
What they’re saying
Awards. The Salomon Sense Ride has already won an ISPO 2017 award.
First local test. Salomon ambassador Linda Doke of Hout Bay collected her team issue Sense Ride and took them for a 22km test run the next day. “I love them! They felt really good – very comfortable, very stable and the grip is excellent. Right now I’d rate them as my current second-best shoe, my favourite of all being my Sense Ultra. I love love love my Sense Ultra – best shoe I’ve ever had. I am rather head-over-heels with the Sense Ultra, but the Ride does come in a (fairly) close second.”
Official Salomon video. The three-minute Salomon Youtube clip is slick and provides good information about the benefit to runners from the advanced technologies.
Overview from Salomon. This two-minute video taken at the ISPO Awards reveals that the Salomon Sense Ride has features that provide a familiar experience to runners coming to trail from the road. So expect it to run well on tar and hard surfaces, while providing the grip of a trail shoe on uneven trails. (The background noise may be a bit distracting.)
Run test. An excellent and detailed two-runner review from roadtrailrun.com, which opines that the Sense Ride is “90% S-Lab at two-thirds the price!” They go on to compare the shoe to similar shoes, including the Salomon Sense Ultra, Hoka One One SpeedGoat 2, and other shoes.
It’s all about the Vibe. The biggest tech leap appears to be the Vibe inserts which reduce vibration. Here’s an article explaining how Vibe works in other Salomon shoes.
Short overview of the shoe from Running Warehouse, which is easy to read, but has no run test feedback. However, based on other Salomon shoes with the same technologies, it does mention that “the shoe should be better suited for your longer trail runs” and that the “premium Wet Traction Contagrip… should provide your runs with optimal traction over wet surfaces.”
• Quicklaces take just a single pull for an exact fit; lace pockets on the tongues hide laces away
• Synthetic mesh linings wick moisture away from your feet for dry comfort
• Seamless construction cradles your feet for a precise and supportive fit
• Full-length midsole inserts mean less vibration and lower impact, which translates into less fatigue and more miles
• Decoupled thermoplastic urethane frames offer protection underfoot from rocks while allowing the forefoot to flex unencumbered
• Decoupled outsoles and rocker geometry deliver a smooth, comfortable ride
• Contagrip® rubber outsoles provide tenacious grip, even in wet or muddy conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The competiton app will draw one winner at the conclusion of the competition.
- The winner must be a South African resident, and receive their prize at a South African address.
- Competition closes 12pm on 31 August 2017.
- Winner announced here and through TRAIL magazine’s Twitter and Facebook accounts at 1pm on 31 August 2017.
- Although based on luck, you will increase your chances of winning by having more entry points, so keep tweeting daily to increase your chances.
- The judges’ decision is final.
- The Salomon Sense Ride prize is not redeemable for cash.
- Staff and family of TRAIL magazine and Salomon South Africa are not eligible to win.