One lucky reader has won a pair of La Sportiva Akasha mountain running shoes by entering TRAIL magazine’s latest competition giveaway.
This competition has closed. Winner announced 26 July.
La Sportiva Akasha
Highly cushioned and built for long miles, the Akasha Mountain Running Shoe® combines La Sportiva’s Trail Rocker™ sole and STB™ technology to provide protection and grip for your longest runs. Ultra breathable and perfect for higher volume feet, this shoe offers comfort for any distance.
Features: La Sportiva Akasha
- Trail Rocker™ Outsole Technology promotes a rolling heel-to-toe motion for smooth performance on the trail
- STB™ Technology for amazing support and unencumbered underfoot flex
- ProTechTion™ HF reinforcements provide lightweight flexible protection
AWARDS: Trail Runner – Editors’ Choice 2015 (see testimonial below)
Specifications: La Sportiva Akasha
- WEIGHT: 297g (men’s model), 278g (women’s model)
- FIT: Wide
- UPPER: AirMesh / PU leather / ProTechTion™ reinforcements / Rubber toe cap
- LINING: AirMesh (heel only)
- MIDSOLE: Dual-injection shock absorbing MEMlex EVA / Cushion Platform™
- SOLE: FriXion® XT / Trail Rocker™ with Impact Brake System™
- DROP: 6mm
- STACK: Heel – 26mm / Toe – 20mm
- CUSHIONING: Midsole – 30A
- COLOUR: Black/yellow (men’s model), Purple/black (women’s model)
Trail Runner mag’s review says “Sometimes, the tradeoff for protection and support is clunkiness. Not so with the La Sportiva Akasha.
“The springy, rockered midsole, substantial enough to keep the foot safe on the most bruising of trails, allows for a smooth stride; testers never felt the shoe was weighing them down, especially for the degree of protection. The secure upper gives the shoe plenty of lateral stability.
“Alongside the responsive ride, the tread was a highlight. Deep, multidirectional lugs lent confidence in mucky conditions, on steep ups and tricky downs and, as one adventurous tester averred, ‘controlled traverses on loose gravel or uneven terrain.’ A few testers complained that the high, rigid heel collar rubbed uncomfortably on their Achilles.
“Bottom line: This shoe will protect you on gnarly ridges, keep you sure-footed on steep stuff and let you fly on mellow singletrack.
“Tester-monial: “It’s extremely comfortable with great protection, but doesn’t sacrifice the fast, nimble feel I seek in a trail shoe.” —Joel Axler, Flagstaff, AZ”
Terms and conditions
- The competition app will draw one La Sportiva Akasha winner at the conclusion of the competition.
- The winner must be a South African resident, and receive their prize at a South African address.
- Competition closes at 12pm (noon) on Wednesday 25 July 2018.
- Winner announced on this page and also through TRAIL magazine’s Twitter and Facebook accounts at 1pm on Thursday 26 July 2018.
- Although based on a luck of the draw, you increase your chances of winning by having more entry points, so keep tweeting and gaining other daily points to increase your chances.
- The judges’ decision is final.
- The La Sportiva Akasha prize is not redeemable for cash.
- Staff and family of TRAIL magazine and Adventure Inc. South Africa are not eligible to win.