TRAIL issue 8 and all other back issues are available here, as a single issue or a package deal.
Suikerbosrand Nature Reserve is a trail gem south of Johannesburg that gives folks from the big city a fantastic opportunity to run among the flora and fauna of this picturesque park.
- Jack Davis recounts his injury experience, ending his Comrades 2013 aspirations and resulting in 21 stitches and a life-changing attitude to safety on the trail.
- We introduce posture therapists Jen Rorrison and Ian Waddell. Their insights and tips explain how good posture can keep your body better aligned, resulting in fewer injuries, keeping you on the trails for longer.
- We dedicate five pages to educating you about sun damage and what you need to know about sunblock, how to protect yourself and building a natural protection against the sun’s rays.
- Cross-training often complements the muscles used for trail running and often enhances them. This helps to develop your strength, endurance capacity, efficiency and flexibility to become a better runner.
- Beetroot is in the spotlight – and for good reason. Expect your views on this root vegetable to be changed by discovering the unexpected health benefits of adding it to your diet.
- Discover the beautiful adventure island of Mauritius, with TRAIL founder Deon Braun totally surprised by what he found there while running the 50km Dodo Trail Xtreme.
- Profile on local talent and champion trail runner Tracy Zunckel in her Drakensberg playground.
- Lovers of gear will be blown away by our 10-page Gift Guide: Perfect for those looking for the ideal Christmas gift for the trail runner in their life.
- Cole Stanton and Andrew Wesson reflect on their experiences tackling the Fish River Canyon Ultra race, a grueling but magnificent 100km event.
- Katya Saggot reflects on trail running’s bright new star: paddling convert Robyn Kime who has enjoyed an exceptional start to her running career.
- Regular columnist Kevin Light muses trail running over flint and stone. Another excellent read lies in store.
- Product tests New Balance 1010v2, Fuelbelt R2outdoor, Headsweats Supervisor, Compressport Trail Running Shorts and more.
- Book and DVD Reviews: Kilian Jornet’s new book ‘Run or Die’ with a chance to win one of five on offer. We also re-visit Braam Malherbe’s ‘The Great Run’ & view Joel Wolpert’s new short film ‘In The High Country’ described as a visual essay about life in the mountains.
- SA’s most up-to-date trail running calendar with 59 events until the end of the year includes information relating to difficulty.
TRAIL magazine became South Africa’s first print publication dedicated to the booming worldwide activity of trail running in December 2011.
Since then it has enlightened its growing readership with the best places to run, the most suitable gear and the most popular trail running events from every angle; visiting the Himalayas, Sahara Desert, Amazon and many local trails, including the famed Otter Trail Run and the arduous SkyRun.
Buy TRAIL magazine
TRAIL retails for R58 (print) in 600+ outlets countrywide.
So where do you find TRAIL? SA’s only trail running print magazine is available at CNA, Clicks, SPAR, Pick n Pay, Exclusive Books, Sportsmans Warehouse, and specialist sports retailers nationwide.
TRAIL is also available through Magzter.
All back issues are available here, as a single issue or a package deal.