If you’ve read a copy, you’ll know. TRAIL magazine strives to both reflect this and innovate new trends within trail running. We work hard, constantly and honestly, to bring you the best balance possible between training tips, event previews, race reviews, people interviews and equipment features.
TRAIL is published quarterly for 2012 and bi-monthly in 2013.
TRAIL issue 3 and all other back issues are available here, as a single issue or a package deal.
TRAIL issue 3 builds on the second issue with longer, detailed articles on an eclectic mix of topics including:
- 14 Sure-fire ways to improve your uphill running, with tips from Jonathan Wyatt, Dion Middelkoop, Ryno Griesel and Scott Jurek
- Photo-essay of May’s quad-busting Royal Raid over 80km in the rainforests of Mauritius
- Barefoot running: run lighter, smoother, float over danger, leave Injury City forever
- Scorch in the desert with the Marathon des Sables brave hearts who tackled this year’s gruelling edition
- A 27-model Trail Shop Guide to keep you in-the-know and motivated this winter
Three detailed shoe tests
- Saucony Kinvara TR (women’s shoe)
- Hi-Tec V-Lite Trail
- Puma Faas 250 Trail
- Running with the Kenyans (Adharanand Finn)
- The Ultimate Guide to Trail Running (Adam W. Chase and Nancy Hobbs)
- Ultramarathon Man (Dean Karnazes)
- Born to Run (Christopher McDougall)
TRAIL magazine’s third issue is 100 pages thick and is packed with training tips, news and product reviews. Expert guest writers include desert and stage running queen Mimi Anderson, lifestyle coach Chantel Nienaber and trail stalwart, Jack Davis who sings the praises of Johannesburg’s Braamfontein Spruit.
Photographic contributors include Craig Kolesky, Kelvin Trautman, Jean-Jacques Fabien, and Pascal Mamet.
TRAIL 3 cover with Sonja Stafford-Northcote by photographer Deon Braun
Buy TRAIL magazine
TRAIL retails for R58 (print) in 600+ outlets countrywide.
So where do you find TRAIL? SA’s only trail running print magazine is available at CNA, Clicks, SPAR, Pick n Pay, Exclusive Books, Sportsmans Warehouse, and specialist sports retailers nationwide.
TRAIL is also available through Magzter.
All back issues are available here, as a single issue or a package deal.