Megan: “My mantra when I run and race is ‘happy, light and free.’”
You’re bound to be inspired, and also feel happy, light and free after you’ve read her story. And that’s just the start of your trail running journey in issue 12.
TRAIL magazine issue 12 hit shelves countrywide from Monday 25 August.
What’s in store for you in issue 12?
- Your photo adventures. Win a Canon SX200 H compact digital wi-fi camera, which shoots HD video
- Letters from legends – you share some amazing stories. All published letters get a four-pack of Go! supplements worth over R400.
- I knew I was on #hookedontrailrunning – you tweet the early signs of this positive, life-affirming addiction.
Places to run
Experience Klipriviersberg, the largest nature reserve in the Johannesburg Metropolitan area, with runners Fred Richardson and Rob Enslin.
- Win Camelbak’s awesome Marathoner Vest two-litre hydration pack*
- Win Saucony Peregrine 4 trail shoe*
- Win Saucony Ride 7 road shoe*
- Win Runtastic Bluetooth Heart Rate strap for smartphones**
- Win Runtastic Libra digital scale to monitor body fat, BMI, muscle mass, water content and more**
- Win one of 16 TRAIL subscriptions**
- * Random draw from all new and renewing subscribers, closes 15 October.
- **See details in mag.
- Run fast and far?! Yes, you can, with Coach Mo!
- Better sleep, better life, says life coach Claire Newton
- Run for better life balance with Sue Fuller-Good
- Yoga knee savers with Helen Weaver
- Orthotics or not? ask chiropractor Dr Grant Harper
- Toenail torture: horrible photos… prevention… redemption!
- Maca munchies made by foodie Bianca Harper
- Ten best trail foods with new columnist, nutritionist Lucy Etherton
- Andrew Booth on how he got the trail running and event organising bug
- Upstream Rhodes: Gary Meyer rides 1,700km to Rhodes and then runs it
- Samantha Gash on why she’s running 2,350km on the Freedom Trail in September
- Megan Mackenzie: she runs, she climbs mountains, she loves life!
- Superb shoes… nine models you’re bound to love
- Awesome apparel? We got it, with 18 great active clothing options
- Hydration heroes – check out nine popular models
- Electric dreams of GPS, HRM and lighting units
- Eight must-read books including Trail Running by Graeme Hilditch
- Six supplements including At Life, baobab powder, Nuzest and Turbovite.
Team Eat.Run.See is a new column from Vancouver-based Saffas Bev and Richard Attfield.
Pacing Ryan Sandes – and then not. Ian Little fesses up after being dropped at Western States 100.
Barefoot D-Day: Kevin Light is a barefoot running philosopher with a wicked sense of humour. This issue he puts himself in the literal shoes of women with more cleavage than clothing.
- Outeniqua Quest – new 104km on Garden Route
- Richtersveld – debut summary
- UTMB preview – check out the big numbers!
- Hardrock 100 – five crazy things
- Comrades Expo photos
- Wildrunner events team up with WWF
- Western States 100 with Ian Little
- Giant’s Cup Trail Run four-page feature – what a debut!
- Fish River Canyon Ultra feature: we run the second-largest canyon in the world
- Cradle Mayhem for Suyen Thornhill – four-page feature
- Calendar: 104 great trail running events listed September to end November, including the best international events!
TRAIL magazine became South Africa’s first print publication dedicated to the booming worldwide activity of trail running in December 2011.
Since then the mag continues to enlighten its growing readership with the best places to run, the most suitable gear and the most popular trail running events from every angle; visiting the Himalayas, Sahara Desert, Amazon and many local trails, including the famed Otter African Trail Run, the Fish River Canyon Ultra and the Salomon Skyrun.
Buy TRAIL magazine
TRAIL retails for R58 (print) in 600+ outlets countrywide.
So where do you find TRAIL? SA’s only trail running print magazine is available at CNA, Clicks, SPAR, Pick n Pay, Exclusive Books, Sportsmans Warehouse, and specialist sports retailers nationwide.
TRAIL is also available through Magzter.
All back issues are available here, as a single issue or a package deal.