Subscribe to the digital version, which gives you the same layout as the print version (available in 500+ stores across South Africa) on your iPad, tablet, laptop, and smartphone.
- Android View latest issue from 26 March 2018
- Apple View latest issue from 26 March 2018
- Zinio View latest issue from 26 March 2018
Having technical issues with your digital subscription?
For digital hassles, please note that we do not administer the delivery or data management of iTunes, or Zinio subscriptions or single issues. Please email their support desks directly. Emails are provided in the communication emails sent by them at the time of signing up.
We have paused our print subscription offering until SA Post Office improves its service delivery. This does not affect existing print subscribers, who will receive their magazines until their subscriptions end.
We’ve offered print subscriptions since issue 1, way back in 2011. The support from the trail community has always been phenomenal. We are deeply grateful to everyone who supports the magazine in this way!
However, there are challenges with print subscriptions, and returned copies from the Post Office is one of them. We have become frustrated by the apparent lack of job ethics and pride in doing a job well that we’ve got the SA Post Office for the past few years.
The majority of the employees we connect with are good, kind, and caring people, but it takes just a few staff who are not with the programme to break the system.
Although we verify postal details with subscribers after they’ve subscribed, posted magazines to subscribers still return to us, even though the addresses were correct.
This results in frustration for a percentage of subscribers – and us.
Our goal is to delight our readers, by producing world-class editorial. We want TRAIL to be a vehicle to give you insights into the possibilities of a great life as a trail runner. We want your life to be filled with joy, health, and abundance of the things that matter (family, friends, experiences).
We don’t want people being upset because their mags are not arriving on time, or not arriving at all. Life’s too short for stress and unpleasantness like this.
These delays in receiving magazines also affect us, with lost productivity, since mags have to be reposted, and at our cost.
Other options? Freight delivery will add at least R350 to annual subscriptions, nearly double the value of the subscription, and also increase our administration costs and time commitment significantly.
The TRAIL team consists of two full-time staff. This very compactness makes excellent value to our advertisers and readers possible. Administration of subscriptions is not our calling in life: producing useful content is.
So we ask that you please continue to support us through purchasing TRAIL from the newsstand, unless you’re an existing subscriber. In that case, your magazine will continue to be posted to you until it reaches its final issue.
We debated and thought carefully for several months about making the best decision. The right one seems to be to curtail print subscriptions to new subscribers for the foreseeable future.
If you cannot find TRAIL in a store you support, please feel free to email our RNA distribution manager Caitlin Starkey. She will let you know whether that store has run out of stock or doesn’t stock TRAIL, or whether there is a nearby store that does stock it.
Thank you very much for your understanding and support.
Deon Braun, TRAIL founder
Buy TRAIL from a store
Apart from specialist independent sports stores, TRAIL is sold in these chain stores at present only:
- Exclusive Books
- Pick n Pay
- Sportsmans Warehouse
Branches often have listing autonomy and may elect not to list titles that don’t suit their customer demographic, but they often will list new titles if customers request, so there’s no harm in asking the store manager if you can’t find TRAIL on their shelves!
Where you won’t find TRAIL
TRAIL is not currently sold in Checkers, Dis-chem, Game, OK, or Woolworths stores, so please don’t request Caitlin to supply them.
Subscribe to our email newsletter
Current subscriber FAQs
When will I get my mag?
Subscriptions were posted from Cape Town on 23 March 2018, so most people will get theirs by the beginning of April, but if not, please give issue 27 until 15 April 2018 to reach you if you live in Gauteng or KwaZulu-Natal, and other outlying provinces.
My mag has not arrived. What do I do?
If you’re an existing subscriber and do not receive your issue 27 magazine by 15 April 2018 (issue 27 is on newsstands from 26 March 2018), please email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can correct any potential problems as quickly as possible.
Please don’t do the following:
- Leave it for a year (as some have done), and then ask for something to be done about several issue non-deliveries.
- Go to the store and buy a replacement. Rather email us to let us know within two weeks of you being informed by our mass Trail Mail email that it was sent out.
If you stick to the above guidelines, we can check we sent to the correct address, and also send you a replacement. You won’t get an extension if you go to the store and buy a copy you should have received as part of your subscription.
TRAIL readers say…
- I recently signed up for a 1 year TRAIL subscription and have been so impressed with the quality of the mag! Great articles and awesome service – even received a hand written note with my first mag!! Keep up the good work! B. Grieve
- I subscribed online for the Trail Magazine for myself and a friend. From the beginning of the subscription process, right up to the time I received my first issue with all the added goodies, it was pure pleasure. I made a little ooopsie with my subscription in that I did not submit both delivery addresses, but pronto whoohoo… I got an e mail and a call, in order to remedy the situation. A few days later, my first mag arrived. I was delighted!
Thank you staff for being efficient and also super user friendly. Thank you too for all the informative articles. A road runner, I recently relocated from Johannesburg to Sabie where I am surrounded by forest, so trail became the more sensible option and your mag has made that change over so much easier. I am now equipped with my Salomon’s and my next step is to get my hydration kit. Your mag, with great articles and adverts, has really assisted me to know what I need and where to get it. Thank you and keep up the good work! Lyn
- Got my TRAIL mag in the post yesterday. Awesome read, every page. Stefan Kleynhans
- After subscribing I was worried that the transaction didn’t go through properly – and that it was processed too late for me to receive the Salomon trail running DVD. I sent one simple email and I got the speediest reply ensuring me that the mags and the DVD was on its way. Even got a Dirty Boots adventure booklet and a pen. Great service for a great mag! Can’t wait for the next one… Thanks again for sorting it out so quickly! You guys are on fire. Marike du Plessis