Discover the best trail running gear for the season in the TRAIL magazine issue 19 product guide.
- The North Face Women’s NSR Wind Jacket R1,179
- First Ascent Men’s X-Trail Tee R479
- First Ascent Men’s X-Trail Tech Shorts R599
- First Ascent Men’s X-Trail Tights R799
- First Ascent Men’s ARX Jacket R1,999
- First Ascent Running Beanie R179
- First Ascent Stealth Pack R949
Trail-specific shoes are essential to keep you running injury free (that includes rolled ankles, blisters, and falls). Look for a shoe that fits not only your foot, but the types of running that you do!
This means that you need to be aware of whether you have a narrow heel, wide mid-foot, or a high arch. You’ll need a deeper, more aggressive lug for muddy conditions, and a breathable upper for hot weather.
Shoe Guide in TRAIL 19
- Hi-Tec Women’s Tundra R899
- Saucony Peregrine 6 R2,000
- Brooks Cascadia 11 R2,049
- Brooks PureGrit 4 R2,099
- The North Face Ultra Endurance R2,149
- Brooks Mazama R2,199
- Salomon Sense Pro 2 R2,499
- Salomon Speedcross Pro R2,499
- Salomon Wings Pro 2 R2,699
Check out page 84 of TRAIL magazine issue 19 for an anatomy lesson on shoes. When you’re done, you’ll know your toe spring from your medial post!