The debut issue’s coup is a 16-page, 33-model Trail Shoe Guide for 2012, the most comprehensive compiled in South Africa to date.
Stunning event photo-essays include the Hi-Tec Otter African Trail Run, the 80km Royal Raid in Mauritius, the Himalayan 100 Mile Stage Race and the Salomon Skyrun.
TRAIL magazine’s launch issue is 100 pages thick. Guest writers include desert and stage running king Ryan Sandes, lifestyle coach Chantel Nienaber and tech spy Leo Rust, who reveals the latest trends from the Outdoor Show in Friedrichshafen, Germany.
TRAIL issue 1 and all other back issues are available here, as a single issue or a package deal.
The first issue features, among others:
- We run 100 rocky miles in the Himalayas and give you our tips for exotic stage races
- The best trail foods as voted by real trail runners
- We design, hunt, catch and eat the not-so-elusive Durban Pawpaw Bunny!
- Attack of the Bite Valve: how to beat the nasties in your hydration pack bladder
- Trail Shoe Guide: 33 new models, 10 trail run-loving brands
- SA’s Grail of Trail! The Hi-Tec Otter African Trail Run 2011
- 21 Reasons that make trail running a truly GREAT Sport!
Photographic contributors include Jacques Marais, Kelvin Trautman, Craig Kolesky and Owen Middleton.
TRAIL 1 hit shelves on 5 December 2011.
Buy or subscribe to TRAIL
TRAIL retails for R55 (print) and a one year subscription costs R220 (for four issues).
So where do you find TRAIL? SA’s first trail running magazine is available at CNA, SPAR, Pick n Pay, Exclusive Books, Sportsmans Warehouse, Outdoor Warehouse stores and specialist sports retailers nationwide. Sign up for a year’s print subscription to TRAIL magazine.
The digital version is available at Zinio for iPad, Android, iPhone, laptop and desktop devices in single issue and six issue subscriptions.
All back issues are available here, as a single issue or a package deal.