TRAIL issue 27 shows the Port Elizabeth Trail Clinic in July, but after we went to print we discovered that two other events in July would mean some people would be unable to attend. So 6 and 7 October are our new dates for PE. Buy tickets now and stand to win a pair of Brooks Cascadia 12 shoes or Addo Elephant Trail Run 44km entry.
Do you want to run faster, with more confidence, and fewer or no injuries? Do you want to think differently about your running? About your life? You’ll do that through Gauteng Trail Clinic 2018.
You can also win great prizes from Brooks, Feetures, and six months of coaching with coach Neville Beeton worth R3,540. Enter early and secure your seat and your presence in the draws on the final day of the clinic.
Gauteng Trail Clinic caters to every level. We cover the extreme basics like choosing shoes and packs, and then there’s more advanced training advice for attendees who are already good athletes and want to get better. All of which benefits beginners.
You will look at your running differently after attending Gauteng Trail Clinic 2018, a dynamic two-day trail running clinic on 28 and 29 July 2018.
Gauteng Trail Clinic is hosted by TRAIL magazine and powered by leading running shoe brand Brooks and top independent running retailer The Sweat Shop. They will provide you excellent deals, and honest appraisal of your running style.
Craig Gornall at The Sweat Shop will not sell you a pair of Brooks shoes if he feels that another brand and model will be better for you. This clinic is about giving you the best advice possible.
Interested but not for this July clinic? No problem! Stay in touch with the latest news with our Clinic newsletter list. Answer a few questions and add yourself to our Durban, Gauteng, Knysna, or Cape Town mailing list.
Win Brooks shoes!
Being enlightened and inspired is not all that will happen! Simply by being at both days of Gauteng Trail Clinic, you could win the hugely popular Brooks Cascadia 12, the company’s top-selling trail running shoe. It’s currently worth R2,399.
The Cascadia 12 is Brooks’ most versatile trail shoe. Brooks has refined the stability system to be more flexible than the Cascadia 11, allowing you to feel more agile on the trail without sacrificing the cushioning and protection you’ve come to love from the Cascadia. Buy the Men | Women models online.
If you win the shoe in the draw at our prizegiving, you’ll be refunded for your prize, or you can choose to keep both. Ain’t life sweet!
Win six months of expert guidance and electronic coaching with Gauteng-based coach Neville Beeton. His monthly fee is R590, and one winner will secure six months of coaching with this acclaimed coach, a value of R3,540!
How much could you improve?
TRAIL reader Sofi Ackerman attended the November 2015 Gauteng Trail Clinic, where she confessed she didn’t know much about trail running at all.
In November 2017, she won the women’s race at the 65km Salomon SkyRun!
When reminded of the Clinic, she said: “It’s where my love for trail running began!” 😀
Do you want to run faster, with more confidence, and reduced injuries?
You can enjoy this ideal state by applying the skills you’ll learn at our dynamic trail running clinics around South Africa.
Quick info for the Gauteng Trail Clinic 2018:
- Date: Saturday 28 and Sunday 29 July 2018
- Duration: 6:30am register for 7am start to end no later than 3pm (with a short break for lunch)
- Venue: Walter Sisulu Botanical Garden in Roodepoort
- Book for R2,400 for one person.
- Bring one (or two) friends and save up to R1,200.
- Bring: Trail shoes, trail apparel, track suit, fleece jacket, comfortable social clothing, toiletries, towel, sunblock, and a cap.
What you will get at Gauteng Trail Clinic 2018:
- A fun, interactive, life-changing two days!
- Eight high quality talks and practical demonstrations that will blow your mind, and re-jig your thinking.
- Draw to win one pair of Brooks Cascadia 12 trail shoes worth R2,399!
- Draw to win six months of coaching with coach Neville Beeton, valued at R3,540!
- Discounts on Brooks products through The Sweat Shop.
- A Brooks goodie bag.
- Three back issues (worth R120) or three-issue TRAIL print subscription (for sign ups before 31 March 2018).
- Dirty Boots booklet.
- A shoe assessment from Craig Gornall, a qualified podiatrist, and practising shoe sales professional.
- Knowledge about injury prevention, as well as an evaluation from a professional during the class if you request it.
- Usable tips and tweaks that could save you lots of frustration, injuries, money, and time.
- Meeting experienced trail runners and coaches who share what works well for them.
- Ingredients to make your own race food in a fun (and delicious) practical session.
- Tasty nutritious lunches, smoothies, and snacks to take with you on our two runs, with practical demonstrations to incorporate into your own life.
- Professional photos taken available to you after the course via Facebook.
What previous attendees say:
Wish I could attend again!
It is something everybody who loves running should do, whether beginner or experienced runner! Thank you Deon and your team for bringing the wise guys to the runners! It is still one of my highlights of 2016. You must enjoy this one as well. The bonus is you meet so many great people!” Lukas Van Vuuren
Peeling the onion, finding good stuff!
Thank you to ALL OF YOU for making the weekend one I will treasure always – I left having learned so much about trail running, my strengths and the areas I can improve in, made new friends/contacts/future besties, connected with very humble heroes (in my opinion) and have also uncovered some deep insights about what motivates me (thank you Kevin Light!). I look forward to many new adventures connecting and engaging with the trails and with some of you too. Christine Barrow (North American Academy for Sport Fitness Professionals [NAASFP] Certified Marathon Coach)
Inspired to improve my life
Such a great TRAIL magazine #CapeClinic this weekend! So cool to be apart of it, meet new people, and learn from other like-minded individuals. I feel inspired to not only improve my running, but as a person and in life too! Thanks Deon Braun, Heloise Hunter, Nic De Beer, Sean Tait, Chris Allan, Kevin Light, Devon Coetzee, Grant Bryant from RUN, and Brad Player and Dennis Hines from Brooksrunningsa for sharing your passion and knowledge of trail running! Jan Ham, Jnr
Want to attend another clinic?
Sign up to future clinics through a short nine-question survey (it will take no more than two minutes to complete).
And join our 8,200+ recipient email newsletter. It’s easy to unsubscribe at any time should you not want to stay motivated, educated, and excited about trail running!
— Harrismith mtn Race (@HarrismithMtnRa) April 15, 2016
Need more info?