Grow your reach with four issues of TRAIL in 2017.
Advertise four times, get 12 months of exposure.
Each issue is on shelves for three months, so if you’re not in it, you miss out on a quarter of a year’s exposure.
If it’s trail runners you want to talk to, it makes good sense to be in as many issues as you can. We reward those who think forward by offering reduced rates for bookings of four or more consecutive issues.
6,000 print copy circulation. Published four times a year. Subscriptions are for four or eight issues.
Estimated readership of 12,000+ from sold and post-newsstand back copies via retailers, subscriptions, back issue sales, partner sales and event complimentaries.
Launch date: December 2011
Issues to date: 23
Deadlines for 2017
TRAIL is quarterly. Remaining deadlines for 2017 are:
- T24 Jul/Aug/Sep – Booking 24 Apr 2017, Material 8 May, Street Mon 26 Jun 2017
- T25 Oct/Nov/Dec – Booking 31 Jul 2017, Material 14 Aug, Street Mon 25 Sep 2017
- T26 Jan/Feb/Mar 2018 – Booking 30 Oct 2017, Material 6 Nov, Street Mon Dec 18 2017
Download TRAIL Magazine rates card 2017 PDF.
Download Booking form TRAIL 2017 (PDF).
Other opportunities? Feel free to email us.
Enquire for info if your brand seeks the comprehensive exposure a print, web, and social media campaign provides.
Past and present advertisers
32Gi, adidas, Altra, Asics, Biogen, Brooks, Bryton, Camelbak, Capestorm, Chariot Carriers, Columbia, Dodo Trail (Mauritius), Featherbed Trail Run, First Ascent, Giant’s Cup Trail Run, Golden Gate Challenge, Hi-Tec, IceBreaker, inov-8, Julbo, K-Way, Knysna Oyster Festival, KZN Trail Running, Leatherman, Ledlenser, Magnetic South, Merrell, Nativa/Go!/Turbovite, New Balance, Nuzest, Otter African Trail Run, Pure Adventures, racefood, Reebok, Royal Raid (Mauritius), Rushbar, Sabrina Love Ocean Challenge, Salomon, Saucony, Skyrun, Suunto, Tekkie Town, The North Face, TomTom, Tribe Multisports, Vivobarefoot, Warrior Race, Wildtrail, Wild Series, Wildlands Conservation Trust.
Advertise with TRAIL to:
- Inform trail runners about your useful products and services.
- Capture the attention of new potential followers.
- Change lives – and the immediate world – for the better, with your offering.
- Show new potential buyers what your products and services can do for them.
- Reinforce the benefits of using your products to people who already know about you.
- Remind current customers that you will continue to help them with new offerings, or backup their existing products.
Partner with TRAIL magazine, and you’ll promote your brand in print, the magazine’s digital editions, and our social media.
Who reads TRAIL magazine?
TRAIL readers are high LSM, adventurous, fun-loving people from all ethnic groups. They place a high premium on being in the outdoors. Of course, they love running on trails.
They tell us that their therapy is the great open spaces of nature. We know, we feel the same way!
To enjoy the experience, they look for reliable, long-lasting, and good-looking products. They look for services that will delight them and exceed their expectations. If that’s your product, your gift to the world, then we can boost what you’re already doing.
Our annual surveys reveal that over 80% of TRAIL readers also mountain bike, hike and road run, either at present, in parallel, or before taking up trail running.
TRAIL readers will pay extra for products that enhance their experience on trails.
And how will they know, if they are not shown?
That’s where we come in.
If you sell something that ticks the reliable, long-lasting, and good-looking boxes, you’ll recognise the need to promote to potential buyers every way you can.
Magazines have a sizeable part to play in advertising. You should see them as partners in distribution and the most cost-effective way you’ll ever create your own quality print campaign.
If you go DIY, you’ll pay the same, or more likely, more, than what you’ll do when you partner with a magazine. You can easily do the maths. Ask a printer for a quote and then add your additional costs – freight of your flyers to events, insertion costs, and postage. And the value of your precious time.
It adds up fast.
We want to help you save money, time and avoid all that frustration.
We do that through wide distribution
Retail. Sold through SPAR, CNA, Pick n Pay, Exclusive Books, Sportsmans Warehouse, Outdoor Warehouse and specialist retailers in South Africa. Distribution is through 22 RNA depots servicing nearly 600 stockists.
- Paid-for print and digital subscriptions (one and two year subs).
- Offered through Discovery Vitality programme since Oct 2013 (their Mall closed April 2017).
- Offered through the Momentum Multiply programme since 2015.
- Available digitally worldwide through Apple Store, Magzter, and Zinio.
Print Pat Clarke CTP Printers, Parow, Cape Town
Distribution manager Anthea Clark RNA Distribution, Johannesburg
Thank you for your interest. We look forward to being of assistance to you when you need it.
Deon Braun, founder